Friday, 15 May 2015

Gargi's Book Review

Gargi has just finished reading my favourite book when I was a child.  She has written this excellent book report, which she has posted on her blog.

Mrs O'Leary has even put it on the Library Blog. Perhaps when you have read a good book you could write a review too, and Mrs O'Leary might put it on the library blog for others to read to see if they too would like to read that book.

Well Done, Gargi!

THE SECRET GARDEN

What I like about the story?

I like that Mary discovered fresh air in Misselthwaite and discovered a secret garden that taught her the secret about the life. I like that she met Dickon and he helped her plant roses, herbs, shrubs and make it into a live, beautiful garden. I also like that Mary calmed Colin down when he had an angry temper about dyeing. I loved that she told Colin so much stuff about India and about Dickon. I also love that Mary is not a contrary child any more.

I am happy because Mary changed her behaviour from being such a wicked girl into a loving and caring child. I also love that the robin showed her the way to the secret garden.

What I learnt from the story?

I learnt that being such a nice and kind kid can change someones life. If you want to make someone happy first you have to be happy in your life. I also learnt that from an animal's trust, you can trust other people. I liked that Mary was positive in her life and that changes Colin's life so much. At the end I like that everyone in the book is happy. The happy ending.

What I don't like about the story?

I don't like that Colin was losing his temper too badly and waking everyone up, Mary was such an disagreeing, contrary child, when Colin's mother died, Colin's father is too sad when his mother passed away, when the garden was looking dull initially, when Ben walked away from Mary when she wanted to tell him something, and when Colin was saying that I am going to die.

by Gargi




No comments:

Post a Comment